With the most recent developments surrounding the world regarding the Pandemic of COVID-19 the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) rationally and helping to save lives is an important topic right now.
With the COVID-19 infected number rising everyday the demands for proper and sufficient PPE especially for all frontline workers and other essential workers are impacted right now! The necessity to use PPE everyday while helping to save lives and keep themselves safe and healthy while doing their very important jobs is definitely on our minds.
With the most recent reports that the global supply chain of PPE seems insufficient this can be concerning especially if the widespread inappropriate use of PPE continues and we need to be sure that all PPE is used appropriately at all times.
Frontline Healthcare workers involved in the direct patient care must use the following PPE: isolation gown, gloves, medical mask and eye protection. Other essential workers that are in close contact in the public and have the potential or risk of exposure do require the use of gloves and possibly a mask depending on their role. With the general public that is asymptomatic, wearing a mask of any type is not necessary.
Precautions to be implemented by healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 disease include using PPE appropriately; this involves selecting the proper PPE and being trained in how to put on, remove and dispose of it.
• The type of PPE used when caring for COVID-19 patients will vary according to the setting and type of personnel and activity.
• Healthcare workers involved in the direct care of patients should use the following PPE: gowns, gloves, medical mask and eye protection (goggles or face shield).
• Among the general public, persons with respiratory symptoms or those caring for COVID-19 patients at home should receive medical masks.
• For asymptomatic individuals, wearing a mask of any type is not recommended.
• Importantly, the use of gloves does not replace the need for appropriate hand hygiene, which should be performed frequently as prescribe.
To date, there is no epidemiological information to suggest that contact with goods or products shipped from countries affected by the COVID-19 outbreak have been the source of COVID-19 disease in humans. WHO will continue to closely monitor the evolution of the COVID-19 outbreak and will update recommendations as needed.
In closing from our team at Supermax Healthcare Canada we want to thank all the Frontline Healthcare Workers and all essential workers across Canada right now for all you are doing to save lives and take care of the most important things necessary right now and we appreciate everything you are doing to!
We thank you all for following and respecting the requested confinement in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
To know more about Aurelia Gloves Canada, follow us on social media, visit our website and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with company news and blog articles.
Aurelia/Supermax Healthcare Canada Team